Monday, October 31, 2011

Living like a Christian

or as the title of this text in my Bible says "Behave like a Christian"

Romans 12: 9-18

9: Let love be without hypocrisy.  Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.
10: Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another, 11: not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord.
12: Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer,
13: distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.
14: Bless those who persecute you, bless and do not curse.
15: Rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep.
16:  Be of the same mind toward one another
17: Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble.  Do not be wise in your own opinion.
17: Repay no one evil for evil.  Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
18:  If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.

If everyone who professes God as their Lord & Savior (a Christian) would live by these words (as much as depends on you), the world would be a much better place.  Becoming a Christian does not mean we won't have trials, tribulations, weeping, evil or high opinions of ourselves.  It does mean we have a Heavenly Father who loves us, will listen anytime we need to talk, will give us the strength & courage to face what the world throws at us (& sometimes fellow Christians), and will be our Comforter in times of discouragement.

The rest of this chapter in Romans is a promise to believers...

19: Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,"  says the Lord.
20: Therefore, "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him drink, For in so doing, you will heap coals of fire on his head."
 21: Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Donna! Some days I really struggle with my attitude. I know in my heart I am not acting (behaving) as I should even in difficult situations. I am going to print this scripture and keep it with me so that I am reminded how I should ALWAYS behave. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.