Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Daybook

For today...

Outside my window ~ sunny, hot, possibility of rain which we really need

I am thinking ~ about all the changes that will take place in the next 18 months in our family

I am thankful for ~ Will having the opportunity to attend Street Reach in Memphis, a youth mission trip

From the Kitchen ~ more canning today...I've got tomatoes and some blackeyed peas to pressure can

From the learning rooms ~ its summertime!  Nothing formal, lots of downtime.  Katie is studying for her Western Civilization 2 clep test

I am wearing ~ denim dress

I am creating ~ crafting chaos!  Finished 2 quilt tops yesterday.  Have smocked 2 dresses in one week...now to finish the construction. Made 2 little jumpers for my twin friends.  My "to do" pile is shrinking but my "want to do" pile is growing!

I am going ~ to enjoy each day, they fly too fast

I am reading ~ too many things at once (don't know why I do this)  Book 1 of the Freedom's Holy Light Series (I read this series about once a year), "Money Secrets of the Amish" borrowed from my friend Betsy, "Already Compromised" by Ken Ham, and the Bible

I am praying ~ for the Street Reach team, for our trip to St. Louis the beginning of July, the Haiti Mission Trip, for the Lords continued guidance in our lives & our children's lives, for an abundant harvest from our garden

I am hearing ~ kitchen sounds, cars driving up & down the road

Around the house ~ crafting, gardening, watering, cooking, reading, praying, living, loving

One of my favorite things ~ closeness in family relationshps


A few plans for the rest of the week ~ girls sleepover tonight with EL, bible study, lunch with Rie, Will gets home from Memphis, a fun weekend


A picture to share ~ 




 Jars of our Tomato/Peach Salsa from Saturday....recipe will be posted tomorrow!


Please head over to ~~~~~  http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
and visit with other women and read their daybooks!


4 comments:

  1. sounds like you are a very busy lady! I have heard that the Money secrets of the Amish is a good book! Prayin for safe travel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such productivity! My "want to do" list is always growing too : )

    I'm adding Money Secrets of the Amish to my to read list. Thanks!

    Blessings : )

    Visiting from The Simple Woman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your filled canning jars look wonderful!
    ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh..look at all the yummy canning! you go girl!
    loved reading your journaling chickie!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.