Friday, May 6, 2011

Getting my Homeschool Tank Filled

Well, really the title says it all!  We are at the GHEA convention in Atlanta.  Within the first 1 1/2 hours of being there I had ~ met Ken Ham & asked him to autograph his new book, met Kevin Swanson & asked him to autograph one of the Proverbs study guides we bought from him,  seen my friends Lisa, Carol, & Amy, seen my sister, niece & nephew, bought wheat, gamma lids & lecithin from Bread Beckers and headed to our first conference speaker.  What an awesome day!

We found some goodies at the Used Book Sale ~ this is one sale that Greg found more than I did!  We've got some new books to enhance our studies next year.  I've got stuff that I wanted but didn't need

Greg wore his "DADD" shirt (Dads Against Daughters Dating) and got lots of positive comments ~ he could have sold about 25 today! Might need to think about that as a business! 

And best of all I got to share all this fun with Greg, Katie, Amy & Will.  We are headed back tomorrow for much more fun!

(I did get to speak with Voddie Bauchum also!  And, he 3 fantastic messages today for us all.  He had 3 books on his table and we already own them, so no autograph this time.  But he is coming out with a new book in October !)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that y'all are having such a good time. I am jealous!!
    Oh, and we would buy one of those T-shirts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.