Friday, March 11, 2011

Quilt Blocks

I've officially met a quilt block that I DO NOT like.  The more I sewed on them, the stronger the dislike.  Actually, hate may be a more appropriate word.  I am tremendously glad that I wasn't doing a full size quilt.  I chose to do 4 blocks with the intentions of making them into a tote bag.  But, once I put the sashing pieces in between, its too large for a tote, so now its going to be a small wall hanging (at least its versatile).  As I was grumbling and gritting my teeth throughout the process this afternoon, my lovely daughters are stating how much they liked sewing this block.  And they each did 6.  Everyone has different likes and dislikes, and I can live with that.  I cannot ever see repeating this block in my life.

With all that being said...I love butterflies!  I think it turned out great.

Here is a picture....

To my dear friend Marie....don't let Izzy see this post ~ she would never finish hers!  Amy and Katie can help her ~ and I can quietly iron for them or something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.