Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Daybook


For today...kind of cloudy, it may rain...we need it

I am thinking...about our memory verse for the week. Deuteronomy 6: 4-5 " Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. You shall love the Lord your God with all your hear, with all your soul and with all your strength."

I am thankful for...a great weekend and renewed committments from the "Family Driven Faith" Conference

From the learning rooms...Algebra, language, Biology, US History, scripture memorization

From the kitchen...Homemade Vegetable Soup and either Cheese Biscuits or cornbread

I am wearing...lavendar t-shirt, black skirt, sandals

I am creating...Christmas gifts

I am going...to finish my neice's birthday gift...she turns 9 this week, its hard to imagine. The day my sister went to have her ultrasound, the boys and I were packing and delivering phone books. Amy, then 5, climbed up on a pile of books and started praying that Aunt Brenda would have a girl (Amy was the only girl and had 2 brothers and 3 boy cousins). She looked up and said God just told her that it was a girl. Within 5 minutes, we got the "Its a GIRL" phone call from my nephew. Wishful thinking from a little girl or a message from God ~ you can make your own decision but we are going with the message from God.

I am reading.."Living with Confidence in a Chaotic World" by Dr. David Jeremiah and the book of Leviticus in the Bible

I am Praying...for a safe trip to GA and a fun visit with Mom & Allen

I am hearing...the kids in the kitchen talking to each other and fixing their breakfast

Around the house...watching puppies learn to walk

One of my favorite things...making things for other people

A few things for the rest of the week...cooking church dinner tomorrow night (barbeque chicken, corn on the cob, green beans, & salad), dance classes, going to Mom's

Pictures to share...
Amy & Katie with the puppies

Look in Will's hands....tada....our 1st EGG!!!! Whoo Hoo! He found it in the nesting box this morning!


Its about time for those chickens to start giving back to us! They have been fed and pampered for months...its time for them to start paying the rent!
The other 3 chickens better get busy...

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear more about your trip to the conference ... I am sure that you have lots of new wisdom to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go chickens! Before you know it, you will have more eggs than you can use. They should produce for you year round since you typically have a mild winter. The chickens up here sometimes stop laying in the cold winter months.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.