Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Daybook 8-17-10


FOR TODAY

Outside my window... it looks kind of cloudy right now but it will probably burn off and be hot and humid all day.

I am thinking... how blessed I am to be able to stay home everyday with my children. The only ambition I have for a job is to work in our "family business" with my husband and children. Right now, we don't know exactly where Jackson Farm Enterprises is going.

I am thankful for... the precious homeschooling friends the Lord has given me

From the learning rooms... Some double lessons for language, spelling and math since tomorrow is sewing class and Keepers.

From the kitchen... Dirty Rice for dinner. The cookie jar is really empty, so maybe some peanut butter cookies will be made.

I am wearing... capris, top, and my favorite Clarks sandals (which are trying to fall apart, when that happens my feet will be very sad)

I am creating... with the Lord's help, a biblically focused home

I am going... to enjoy each day with my children, they grow up and leave home way too fast.

I am reading.. I'm on chapter 10 in my "Family Driven Faith" book by Voddie Bauchum. He keeps hitting me with truth. I am looking forward to the new Beverly Lewis series which starts in September.

I am hoping... that I have time to sew later. I've got projects to finish and some to start.

I am hearing... AFR (American Family Radio), we switched from talk radio in the morning...they were really starting to bug me.

Around the house... school books, reading books, crochet projects, cooking plans, lots of love

One of my favorite things... team-teaching with Rie. Science & History are great subjects to share. My kids are loving it.

A few plans for the rest of the week: sewing class, Keepers meeting, bible study, dinner theater at church on Friday, a date with Greg



Please visit http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ to read more daybooks entries!





4 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I just found your blog from a Simple Woman's daybook, and I'm your newest follower. :-) I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. I am also a stay at home Mom. :-) Many blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daybook is great. We are very like minded. I enjoyed my children while they were home and now I'm enjoying my grands. I pray you will have a great week, Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the AFR reference. I'll try that out. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coming over to visit my blog and leaving a sweet comment. Hoping to be better for American Girl, my daughter makes her own jewelry (she is 9 ) and she saved up for the trip. I am so proud of her. We're excited to go. :-)I'll be posting lots of pictures after that day! Have a great week.
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.