Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Daybook entry













Outside my window... it is sunny and hot, which is great for the towels hanging on the clothesline

I am thinking... about how God prompts you to call someone, send a card, or give a gift at just the right time. This has happened to me lately and its humbling & exciting to really know the Lord is concerned about every detail of our lives. I was on the receiving end of many gracious gifts and cards during my 9 years as a single mom. I hope the folks that blessed my life so richly realize how truly precious they are to me.


I am thankful for... my home. I always feel blessed to come back home after one of our trips.


From the learning rooms... The kids are working on their travel scrapbooks and we will be starting our US Government unit study.


From the kitchen... Loaded Baked Potatoes.


I am wearing... Black shorts & a purple t-shirt, tennis shoes


I am creating... Trying to finish my "Faith, Family, Friends" cross stitch and then will start the Names of Jesus cross stitch for our room...it will be done in shades of purple. I also need to cut out 2 tiny baby dresses and get them pleated and smocked. This morning Katie and I designed her Graduation Announcements and ordered them from Walgreens, I just picked them up and they are great!


I am going... to our Keepers at Home meeting tomorrow! We've missed seeing our friends.


I am reading... "Beloved Bride" by Bill Potter (the letters of Stonewall Jackson to his wife) & "The Hidden Art of Homemaking" by Edith Schaeffer (one of the books I got from Vision Forum last week)


I am hoping... That Greg's training goes well and he gets home soon (he is on the Gulf Coast to help with the cleanup efforts from the oil spill/coordinating clean up efforts)


I am hearing... Will playing the Wii since the girls are at dance classes


Around the house... We cleaned alot yesterday trying to reclaim our home. James and Allen stayed here while we were gone, and while everything was picked up and straightened up it still needed vacuuming and dusting wood floors.


One of my favorite things... Dates with my husband. We went to McAllisters Deli last night and ate yummy sandwiches and drank sweet tea! Special time!


A few plans for the rest of the week: Keepers meeting, church bible study, my rheumatologist appt., a Saturday at home


Here is picture I am sharing...
Please head over to visit with other women at...
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com



This is Will, Amy, Katie and I in front of the fountain at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas. Best G rated, family friendly show on the strip and it was free!

2 comments:

  1. hmmm ... loaded baked potatoes sound wonderful!

    It must be the day for black shorts and purple t-shirts ... except I am wearing black flip-flops with mine!

    Looking forward to seeing y'all tomorrow ... glad you made it home safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the "I am thinking", it always amazes me.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.