Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Thoughts

Our date weekend was great. I didn't cook all weekend! A mini vacation at home!

On Saturday, I opened my mailbox to find a card from my friend Rie. The front of the card had a goofy monkey on it. The monkey so eloquently "said" If we were monkeys, I'd pick the bugs off your fur. And if we were bugs, I'd help you hide! Now, its just not any friend that can send you a card with such a sentimental greeting..I'm glad that I have a friend that I can relate to and that can make me laugh! Thanks Rie! I loved it!

Greg and I ate breakfast at Cracker Barrel on Sat. and ordered their new breakfast skillet. Eggs, tomatoes, and bacon baked in a little skillet. Oh yummy! The only thing that would have made that better was the hash brown casserole! I love to go in there and look, but I really only have room for so many do-dads and whatchamacallits! But is is fun to look.

We bought some more big foamy tiles and finished our backporch/tiki bar. It will be much more comfy stepping on them with bare feet than the rock floor. The dogs seem to love them and can usually be found snoozing on the floor.

We had a birthday celebration on Sunday for Katie. She is now 17. For her birthday she got a cell phone, cutting board, ruler and rotary cutter for quilting, a fiskars paper cutter for notebooking and scrapbooking and money. I see a big shopping trip in our future! She wants to save alot of it, but there will be some needed items for this summer.

I have several blogs that I normally read and one is http://marmeespantry.blogspot.com. Kim homeschooled for 16 years and has written some great articles about education! I really enjoy everything she has written. If ya get a chance, look at her posts about grocery shopping in her Amish places. We just don't have those shopping opportunities here in Miss. I hope you thaw out soon Kim, Ohio looks pretty frozen to me!

Another fun blog is http://plainhomesteading.blogspot.com. Deanna is an inspiration to me. She is living the plain life here in north Miss. and writes about her experiences. She shares recipes, sewing projects and prepping tips. It is fun to hear her thoughts about the Miss. weather and the mud. I like to read Deanna's thoughts on the gov., the flu, shots, stocking up, etc. Deanna is very gracious with her answers and rebukes to folks who sometimes leave rude comments on her blog.

All of the blogs on my sidebar are great, plus many more that aren't listed (gotta put them on there). Its fun to be "friends" with people all over the US through blogging. I may not agree with everything everyone says but we can all learn from each other. And, they may not agree with me but thats ok. And I like it when blogs are updated...hint Bri! From reading blogs, I have gotten recipes, quilt projects, gardening tips, stocking up lists, book reviews, encouragement and differing points of view! They are all useful, practical and well appreciated!

This week will find us at dance classes, quilt class, Wed. night church and co-op classes. Kroger will get a visit from me too! The menu for the week is written, Monday's laundry is getting done, and we are all working on our flag wall hanging quilt for class this week!

Love to be at Home! Pictures will follow when we download them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.