Monday, September 28, 2009

Lots of Menu's

Several years ago I asked everyone what their favorite dinners were, so that I could begin making menus. We had gotten to the point where I felt like we were eating the same things over and over. We made up the following lists on our drive to GA one day...

Homemade Macaroni & Cheese
Peas/green beans/ lima beans

Pirate Stew (Fix It & Forget It Cookbook)
Bread

Baked Hamburgers or country fried steak
Mashed potatoes or rice/gravy
crowder peas/green peas

Scalloped Potatoes & Ham (Fix It & Forget It Cookbook)
Green Vegie
Asparagus

Lasagna
Garlic Bread

Grilled Hamburgers/Hot Dogs
Baked Beans
Tater Tots/French Fries/Chips

Chicken & Dumplings
Lima Beans/Peas

Large salad with the following
eggs, cheese, croutons, popcorn chicken, garbanz0 beans, salad dressing
and whatever else we feel like that night!

Fish Fillets
Corn/brussell sprouts
Baked Potatoes

Taco's with salsa, cheese, tomatoes
Rice
Refried Beans

Grilled Pork Chops
Corn on the Cob
baked or Sweet Potato

Chili with cheese/sour cream
Cornbread

Sloppy Joes
Tater Tots/chips

Split Pea Soup (Fix It & Forget It Cookbook)
Croutons/Oyster Crackers

Brunswick Stew
Cornbread

Barbeque Pork Shoulder
Potato Salad
Baked Beans

Roast
Mashed Potatoes/brown gravy
Carrots & Green Beans

Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
Broccoli Salad or Cole Slaw

Chicken Strips/fingers
Cheddar Broccoli Rice
Field Peas

Homemade Pizza includes...
cheeses, peperoni, italian sausage, ham

Spaghetti
Garlic Bread

Spiral sliced Ham
Sweet Potatoes
green peas/black eyed peas

Meatballs
tater Tots
Jalapeno Poppers

Chicken Pot Pie

Loaded Baked Potatoes +
ham, cheese, sour cream

Steak Stir Fry with
onions, bell peppers, stir fry vegies

Steak Stroganoff (Fix It & Forget It)
Whole Wheat Noodles
Green Beans

Homemade Vegie Soup (Fix It & Forget It)
Cheddar Drop Biscuits

Greg's Awesome Baby Back Ribs
Baked Beans
Cole Slaw/Broccoli Salad

Thats 29 yummy menu's that we can choose from. Any of the vegies are interchangeable, it just depends on what we have and what we feel like that day. I really like to use my 6 qt. crockpot and my favorite crockpot cookbook is "Fix It & Forget It" And some nights, Greg & I sneak off for a date and the kids fix their own dinner. Greg usually takes leftovers to work for lunch and we eat them for lunches in the middle of our homeschool day.

I've been lazy lately with the menu planning and its time to start again. I started this morning and have the menu planned for this week!

3 comments:

  1. I need to get back to menu planning too. Thanks for some ideas. I read you lemon pie post. That really looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. I have been lax in the menu planning dept. lately. My family is driving to TN next Sunday. I think while I have them all captive we will make a list too. I am loving your blog!!
    Kristal in SW Virginia

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.