Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Oils

Keep those bugs away naturally with essential oils www.onedoterracommunity.com https://www.facebook.com/#!/OneDoterraCommunity:
This would smell better than commercial bug spray!

In my continuing quest to clean up my pinterest boards ~ I started on my Essential Oils board yesterday.  But I got hijacked, after deleting duplicate pins, by the information I saw.  I've gotten in a rut with my oil usage and use the same ones over and over for the same things.  Yesterday, I made some new "brews" and they are working quite well.  As with anything you see or read on the internet or from other folks ~ do your own research and decide what works well for your family ~ any advice or "recipes" found here, should not be taken as medical advice or as an alternative to medicine you are already taking.

I have done my research on oils and we use them topically (on the skin), diffused, and some internally.  I personally love a drop of peppermint oil in my hot chocolate and have no problems with it ~ however, I can't use a drop in hot water because it burns my lips, weird.  Amy and I use lemon in our water and its delicious.  I also add lemon and orange drops to my hot spice tea. 

All essential oils are not created equally ~ cheaper isn't better nor is more expensive the best option.  Do your research and find what works for you, your family and your budget.  There are several large essential oil companies that sell through reps directly to the customer (I sell for one of them).  There are also some good quality oils at Sprouts, Whole Foods and Trader Joes.  Before I would take an oil internally, I would contact the company directly and pin them down for a definite answer about the safety of internal use. 

There is loads of information and tons of pins on pinterest about oils.  I am going through and printing off the ones that are of interest to me.  Because the FDA is cracking down on claims made by some companies about their oils (and usually the claims are correct information, the fda just wants to control this), something you pin today, may be gone tomorrow.  Which has happened with lots of my pins.  Government regulations and all that are stepping on too many toes these days.

My buddy Deanna over at http://plainhomesteading.blogspot.com/, makes a lot of salves for her family, which is something I would like to do.  These salves could easily take the place of the commercial brands of products for things like dry skin, itches, bug bites, etc.  Maybe I can talk her into sharing her recipes with me.....hint, hint!

If you have an allergy to anything already...one of mine is cedar ~ then that's an oil I won't even try.  I can walk into Home Depot and instantly tell if they have cut cedar wood ~ itchy eyes, nose and throat is no fun.  So use caution ~ even when opening a bottle to test the fragrance.

If you would like to order any oils from me or have any questions about them ~ I would love to hear from you.  Just leave a comment & your email address and I can contact you that way!

Here are some pins I rediscovered yesterday ~

Liquid Sleep using doTERRA ESSENTIAL OILS. Roll on bottom of feet and back of neck before bedtime.:
I don't have the Vetiver, but do use the lavendar
a rollerball recipe for deoderant:
wonder how this would work?


These oils should be used when not going to be exposed to sunlight or worn under clothing where sun will not reach....example, bottoms of the feet.:



Keep those bugs away naturally with essential oils www.onedoterracommunity.com https://www.facebook.com/#!/OneDoterraCommunity:
This would smell better than commercial bug spray!


Thankful for ~

Gods provision for our health
cute pins to share
information about healthier living
taking care of my family






No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.