Monday, December 8, 2014

I was Just going along.....

Last Tuesday, I was just going along ~ minding my own business ~ working at the shop ~

When I was struck with something that has never happened to me before ~

One word, 3 syllables ~

Vertigo.

This wasn't "oh, I am a little dizzy", this was "I sat down and was afraid to get up dizzy".  Greg came and got me and we went to dr. ~  he doesn't know what happened.  I had an MRI to rule out any really bad stuff like a stroke or tumors ~ no bad stuff and it did show I had a brain!  Yay!  And speaking of MRI ~ seems like they could make that machine much quieter, even with ear plugs it is loud and confining ~ I closed my eyes and sang (in my head) the words to my favorite 2 songs in our churchs Christmas musical, Hallelujah and O Holy Night, over and over.

And 6 days later ~ it is still here.  I have an ppt. at a clinic but the earliest time was next week ~ argh....another week.  And then  realized, what if this doesn't work ~ what if you need more than one appt. ~ it was already disconcerting to realize the dr. gave me a prescription for the med. and gave me an automatic refill on it.

If anyone knows of any quick cures let me know ~ I may take any quack cure tips too!

And yet, there are things to be thankful for ~

*that this did not happen at Disney World
*that this did not happen 1 week earlier when we were with our babies
*that I can still sit and cross stitch
*that I have a great family to help
*that I can read
*that there is no pain
*that Amy & Will can both drive ~ get themselves back and forth to work and run errands
*that Greg could leave and rescue me
*that there is medication, even if it makes me sleepy

2 comments:

  1. You might seek out a chiropractor with experience in treating vertigo. That is the only thing that helped my husband. Praying it passes quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wondering how so much distance got here that I didn't know about this. And sorry for it. Praying for you, my sweet friend, that healing comes quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.