Monday, February 25, 2013

Homeschool Conversation of the Unusual Variety!

Last week, I had a Homeschool conversation of a very unusual variety from an unexpected source.  This individual approached me and said..."so I heard that you homeschool"!  Knowing where she got this info from and the informers views on it, I was leery. 

But, she wanted to know why/how I made the decision to start, how our days went, what curriculum we used, field trips we had been on, etc.  Basically, she didn't seem come into the conversation with any preconceived notions about how "weird" homeschoolers are and how wonderful public school is.

She listened, didn't interrupt, asked intelligent questions AND ended the conversation by telling her husband that if she had to start school over again she would want to be homeschooled (by me).  Needless to say, I was shocked ~ especially given the family relationship.

You just never know where support/appreciation is going to come from!

And did I mention ~

She was a public school teacher?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the farm ~ we are a blended family with 7 children (3 are married), 4 grandsons, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, and 15 chickens living on 3 acres in Georgia. I love crafting, sewing, cooking & canning, recipes of all kinds, reading, playing with my little buddies, family time, travel, pinterest and most of all the Lord.